Highlands Lodge History
Highlands Lodge #86 was established in 1890 and our first Worshipful Master in 1891 was R. W. Woodbury, PGM .
Highlands Lodge held meetings prior to the current facility right down the street and has always been part of the Highlands district.
The current Highland Masonic Center was constructed in (1927) and has continually operated as a Masonic and Social hub in the Highlands neighborhood since it's formal completion in 1928.
Highlands Lodge is currently known as the Highlands Lodge Masonic Event Center because we are now renting out some of the building areas like the Ballroom for non-Masonic social events. This helps to support the cost of the building upkeep and keeps our Lodge engaged in the local community.
(Photograph courtesy of the Denver Public Library, Western History Department.)